Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Week 17: My First Transfer



Hey Mom!

I only have 15 minutes left in the computer shop (unless I extend, which I may so if I do, disregard this sentence) so this may be short! Okay nevermind I extended 30 minutes :)

I did transfer I did I did! I am now in a city called Dasmarinas, which is about two cities farther South than Bacoor, so it is up a bit higher in a mountain range! So it’s a little bit cooler (emphasis on a little bit) and we get a cool breeze every now and then! It's also much cleaner and smells better than Bacoor did haha. My new companion situation is super cool! So my companions name is Elder Matina, and he is a 6'3"  half Samoan half American! So actually he’s American, and was in the MTC the same time I was! We are the exact same age in the mission ahahah! I met him maybe once at the MTC but never really got to know him, and now we're companions! So he’s in my same batch ahaha It’s pretty awesome. We get along great and have a very similar sense of humor, which is awesome. 

The area we are in, Dasmarinas 2, used to have only 2 missionaries in it, but Elder Matina and I were just added to it because they split the area, so we are doing what is called a shotgun, where neither of the missionaries of the companionship have ever been in the area where they are serving. ahah so its pretty wild! Neither of us know the area, the members, the investigators, anything really, but we do get a lot of help from the other two missionaries in our apartment who know the area quite well, Elder Haufano a rugby player from New Zealand, and Elder Tinasas, 5 foot Filipino. We have quite some diversity in our apartment. 

Anyways, that’s all about my life for now, I don’t really know enough members or investigators to have any stories to tell or anything like that yet, but stay tuned! 

Well its about time for me to go now! That’s all I have time for this week, I'm sorry! I'll send pictures next week, I promise. I love you guys and miss you a lot!

Love,
Elder Lasley

No comments:

Post a Comment